l CharlestonFishing.Com
social r

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
 All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Offshore Reports
 All Rise Friday the 13th Blood! (pictrues)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Scoutin 4 Goodies Posted - 04/15/2012 : 09:00:23 AM

After a long winter of projects finally got a chance to take the All Rise offshore. Actually finished the radar install at 1:30am. Chunky could not get away from work until 6am so that put Me, Pross, Heywood, LnS Marine, Holt-ON and Chunky clearing the rocks at 8:30.

The weather was nice and we made a quick run out. Lines in by 10:00. Right off the bat had a wahoo blow up the mouse trap. FISH ON!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!! Fought him for about 5 mins and he pulls the hook.

Bout an hour later we get the skunk out of the boat with a blackfin off the long rigger.

Picked up another blackfin then a dolphin comes into the spread. He was drilling the teaser the crew worked their magic. FISH ON!!

Need a wahoo to complete the meat fish slam. The crowd was pretty thick so we decided to pull offshore a bit and look for a weedline that we did not have to fight to keep position over.

Not much going in the deep so headed back to the ledge. Still needing Mr. Hoo.

Then it happened..... FISH ON THE TEASER!!! HE is blowing it up! BAM FISH O..... line goes slack... cut us off... SHORT RIGGER!!! ZZZZZ! Limp line... pulled hook.... RIGHT SHORT!!! BAM!! HE MISSED IT!! What is going on?!?! LONG RIGGER! LONG RIGGER!! FISH ON!!

Got him this time!

Put Heywood on the rod to catch his first big wahoo. Fought the fish for 20 mins, had to clear all the rods and circle back to him a couple of times. This is the fish we had been waiting for but he was not going to come easy. A COUPLE of long runs. But Heywood kept the pressure on. Got him to the boat but he kept making more runs from one side of the transom to the other, deep, shallow, he knew where this was going and wanted nothing of it! We finally got him up to the gunnel, you could see the tiger strips, Chunky leans over the with the gaff, he is still deep but coming up!

Seconds before Chunky sticks him he makes a hard left turn just below the gunnel. DON'T LET THE LINE HIT THE BO..... Gone... Played this back through my head hundreds of times. Not sure what we could have done different. No ones fault just fishing.

It was getting late and moral was at an all time low. This was our day maker. We rallied the troupes and set the trap one more time. As soon as I get over my mark... BAM!!! BAM!!! DOUBLE, DOUBLE!!!! The Reels scream back to life! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!! The fishing gods are going to give us one more chance!!

Heywood and LnS were on the rods, Pross, Chunky, and Holt-On cleared the cockpit. These fish got wrapped up a couple of times with each other but we kept our cool and worked through them. They were running all over the place. These fish were being stubborn today. We kept on them finally after JUMPING behind the boat, yes we had a wahoo jumping like a largemouth trying to throw the hook, Chunky stuck #1 and over the gunnell he came!

Glad to get that monkey off my back. Now for LnS's fish. Tried a different strategy on this one and put chunky on the transom. It seemed to happen in slow motion...

The fish turned toward the starboard motor straight toward Chunky, he shoves the gaff deep into the water, LnS rod goes slack.... the rig comes flying by... HE IS OFF!!

Then like a rabbit coming from the magicians hat Chunky comes screaming over the transom with a NICE wahoo!!!! He actually gaffed the fish as he was swiming away!

Caught one more blackfin and called it a day.

Did not burn them up but had a really good time.

Highlights:
Holt-On back on the boat after battling cancer and WINNING! Even though he forgot the bait... We gave him a hard time but he has had a heck of an offseason with that. Puts things in perspective for sure.

Got to push buttons all day. AP drove and I learned about my new toys.

Nice weather, a bit chilly but the wind was great.

Got my hard fought meat fish slam.

Can't wait to go back!

------------------------------------------------
Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DoubleN Posted - 04/16/2012 : 8:04:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutin 4 Goodies

Going again tomorrow. Got one of those invites I could not turn down. [;-)]

Lucky dog, catch em up!

06 200 Bay Scout 150 Yam

www.joinrfa.org/
Scoutin 4 Goodies Posted - 04/16/2012 : 6:39:29 PM
Going again tomorrow. Got one of those invites I could not turn down. [;-)]

floatadakota Posted - 04/16/2012 : 09:53:34 AM
As usual, GREAT POST! Better yet, It looked like a great day. Keep on keepin on!!!

pan
Black Bart Posted - 04/16/2012 : 08:21:58 AM
Excellent post and pics as usual. More importantly, congrats to Holt-on.
charliehorse Posted - 04/16/2012 : 07:47:41 AM
Holt Ons next boat will be called "Uno Huevo"
He told me now that the cancer is gone.. he will start taking more time to vacation and have fun.."to live life"......those that know him will find the humor in this.
Bug Catcher Posted - 04/15/2012 : 8:58:11 PM
good for Holt-On, laid on a table 16 yrs ago,put the paddles on me three times to bring me back(43yrs old)have not looked back, lived every day like it is my last! 6o dives last yr and fish like I'm 21! his life is changed forever, God is great! God bless his family and fishing friends!

If it got any better I couldn't stand it.
DoubleN Posted - 04/15/2012 : 7:03:24 PM
Glad to hear your friend is Ok S4G.

Love reading your posts man.....Hoping to get on a charter soon & catch em up.Till then just fishing the river & nearshore stuff for some cobia & spades. Love it man!

Keep them posts coming.

Take care,
NN

06 200 Bay Scout 150 Yam

www.joinrfa.org/
Scoutin 4 Goodies Posted - 04/15/2012 : 5:56:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 4out

Great pictures and stories. Holt-On's story is an inspiration! Probably the excitement that made him forget the bait.

Not sure if it was the excitement of being cancer free or the excitement of fishing with me.

What ever the case maybe good times were had by all.

Never a good call when your buddy tells you, "they did xrays today and scheduled surgery for tomorrow. I have cancer." I told him I hope this is some sick joke. He said nope, the real deal.

Anyway he is all better now and we talked as much trash as ever on Friday.

LandSick Posted - 04/15/2012 : 3:40:38 PM
great report' congrats on the slam
4out Posted - 04/15/2012 : 12:45:46 PM
Great pictures and stories. Holt-On's story is an inspiration! Probably the excitement that made him forget the bait.
ladyshrimpkilla Posted - 04/15/2012 : 09:43:49 AM
Nice haul!

Rates can't stay at historic lows forever. Now may be the perfect time to refinance or purchase your dream home. If you or anyone you know may be thinking about home financing please have them contact me!

Your Preferred Mortgage Banker,

Heather Leman
Direct: 843-343-8169
NMLS# 279616
hleman@primelending.com
www.shakeyourbouy.com

CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000