Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Non-Fishing
 Politics
 Fox News drops Bill O'Reilly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

UT_VOLS13

2859 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  3:19:40 PM  Show Profile Send UT_VOLS13 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/04/19/fox-news-drops-bill-oreilly-in-wake-harassment-allegations.html

poly ball

1864 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  3:58:39 PM  Show Profile Send poly ball a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But President Dorito says " he's a good man ", I don't understand?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/president-trump-defends-bill-o-reilly-amid-sexual-harassment-claims-n743011
Go to Top of Page

Reelly Old

3150 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  5:07:42 PM  Show Profile Send Reelly Old a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wonder how many millions it cost Fox to buy out his contract. But seeing as he has now been labeled a dirtbag, maybe he can go to PMSNBC. I can see it now the Dirtbag at 8:00 and The Douchebag at 9:00. Get your ying and your yang in one two hour block without changing channels ...
Go to Top of Page

natureboy
SPONSOR

2756 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  6:40:56 PM  Show Profile Send natureboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now Robbie, you were much more forgiving of your hero Bill Cigar Clinton. I dont understand
Go to Top of Page

DFreedom
Prolific Poster

12941 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  7:56:01 PM  Show Profile Send DFreedom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Liberal perverts are okay (Weiner, Clinton), conservative pervs are not.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?
Go to Top of Page

natureboy
SPONSOR

2756 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  9:28:56 PM  Show Profile Send natureboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wonder if Bill exposed Monica to nicotine addiction - In addition to Clinton & Weiner, there was also Ted K. He should have been buried at sea!
Go to Top of Page

SirSpear

1826 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  9:45:47 PM  Show Profile Send SirSpear a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

I don't know why you guys say stuff like this. It's like you have some aversion to saying that Bill O'Reilly is an ahole. You have to bring up Clinton, who has no relevance to the topic at hand.

If it makes you feel any better, Bill Clinton's behavior was completely unacceptable. Sexual coercion isn't limited to physical force, and it's wholly indefensible for the President of the United States to solicit BJs from an intern, who very likely felt like she couldn't say no.

Just because I think Bill Clinton is an intelligent person who was right about a lot of things doesn't mean he's a good person. In this country, being smart doesn't make you good.

Same is true of O'Reilly. The fact that you guys can't just say, "Yeah, although I agree with what he says a lot of the time, too bad he turned out to be a jerk" really shows how blinded by partisan ideology some of you are.

Go to Top of Page

natureboy
SPONSOR

2756 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  10:05:35 PM  Show Profile Send natureboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No no no Sir. We didnt just fall off a turnip truck on the edge of town. When Bill was caught the apoligists came out of the woodwork to tell us how wonderful he was. Anyone on the right was shouted down and the"politics of personal destruction" card was played. You couldnt turn on the radio or tv with out hearing lanny Davis, Carville, or Panetta telling us how great Bill was. Even HRC was trotted out to defend cigar Bill
Go to Top of Page

SirSpear

1826 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  10:17:59 PM  Show Profile Send SirSpear a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

No no no Sir. We didnt just fall off a turnip truck on the edge of town. When Bill was caught the apoligists came out of the woodwork to tell us how wonderful he was. Anyone on the right was shouted down and the"politics of personal destruction" card was played. You couldnt turn on the radio or tv with out hearing lanny Davis, Carville, or Panetta telling us how great Bill was. Even HRC was trotted out to defend cigar Bill

OK, so if people wrongly defended and deflected about Bill C. at the time, that makes it OK to defend and deflect about Bill O. now?
Go to Top of Page

natureboy
SPONSOR

2756 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  10:26:19 PM  Show Profile Send natureboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No!! Dont put words in my mouth! I never said OReily was pure, but I am saying that Dems dont treat their sinners as the right does. We want them gone. Not defended
Go to Top of Page

SirSpear

1826 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  10:56:00 PM  Show Profile Send SirSpear a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No!! Dont put words in my mouth! I never said OReily was pure, but I am saying that Dems dont treat their sinners as the right does. We want them gone. Not defended

Alright, well I feel like I stated plain as day that Bill Clinton's actions were indefensible and that I don't think he's a good person just because I agree with him on many policy issues. I also said the article posted had nothing to do with Bill Clinton.

Yet your first response to this thread was to bring up Clinton without saying so much as a word about O'Reilly. Even after I point it out, you didn't say anything about O'Reilly. On your fourth post in this thread, you've finally said "I never said O'Reily was pure." OK, you still haven't condemned sexually harassing your subordinates. So that's why it's hard to take you seriously when you write, "I am saying that Dems dont treat their sinners as the right does." Yeah, you've really demonstrated in this thread how seriously you take bad behavior.

Edited by - SirSpear on 04/19/2017 10:57:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

natureboy
SPONSOR

2756 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  11:33:43 PM  Show Profile Send natureboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirSpear

[quote]Originally posted by natureboy

Alright, well I feel like I stated plain as day that Bill Clinton's actions were indefensible and that I don't think he's a good person just because I agree with him on many policy issues. I also said the article posted had nothing to do with Bill Clinton.

Yet your first response to this thread was to bring up Clinton without saying so much as a word about O'Reilly. Even after I point it out, you didn't say anything about O'Reilly. On your fourth post in this thread, you've finally said "I never said O'Reily was pure." OK, you still haven't condemned sexually harassing your subordinates. So that's why it's hard to take you seriously when you write, "I am saying that Dems dont treat their sinners as the right does." Yeah, you've really demonstrated in this thread how seriously you take bad behavior.
[/quot

look. OReily was already fired and off the public stage. I didnt need to condem him , it was already done. Quickly and final. And I never objected to it. All I did was point out how Dem sinners are tolerated .. He wont get a job even on radio. This is so unlike how your side does things. You have demonstrated how you incorrectly assume and convict. This shows how entrenched your bias is.
Go to Top of Page

SirSpear

1826 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  11:40:30 PM  Show Profile Send SirSpear a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quickly? Get out of the tank man. As one news story wrote: "Fox had recently signed O’Reilly to a new multi-year contract, even as executives knew the Times story was coming."

Must have been some fake news organization that would write such a thing. Oh wait, that's from FOX NEWS: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/04/19/fox-news-drops-bill-oreilly-in-wake-harassment-allegations.html

But yeah, totally unnecessary for you to condemn his behavior. But you felt the need to bring up someone who was last president seventeen years ago.
Go to Top of Page

natureboy
SPONSOR

2756 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  11:48:06 PM  Show Profile Send natureboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Quickly? Get out of the tank man. As one news story wrote: "Fox had recently signed O’Reilly to a new multi-year contract, even as executives knew the Times story was coming."

Must have been some fake news organization that would write such a thing. Oh wait, that's from FOX NEWS: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/04/19/fox-news-drops-bill-oreilly-in-wake-harassment-allegations.html

But yeah, totally unnecessary for you to condemn his behavior. But you felt the need to bring up someone who was last president seventeen years ago.

simple, the dems still kiss Clinton's arse. Youll never see oreily on tv again.
Go to Top of Page

Edistodaniel

5149 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  09:22:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Edistodaniel an AOL message  Send Edistodaniel a Yahoo! Message Send Edistodaniel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXZj4Wy58Pk

This is still my favorite O'Reilly clip ever. Dirty word around 1:40 for any super sensitive snowflakes here.
Go to Top of Page

gotchacovered
Prolific Poster

22739 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  09:01:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit gotchacovered's Homepage Send gotchacovered a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I don't know why you guys say stuff like this.

I'll tell you exactly why. It's not because of Clinton or Weiner. It's because of the abject phony standards of the average outspoken Liberal during these stories.

You, along with virtually every other Liberal we ever see on the site, on stumps, or in the news, ONLY criticize Conservatives for this kind of thing but GIVE A PASS EVERY TIME when it's a Democrat who does something similar or even much worse. To y'all it's apparently AOK when your beloved Democrats do terrible evil, but if a Conservative farts loudly in public, this conspicuously hyped drama plays out for weeks in the Liberal media. Show me ONE post from ANY Liberal dogging Clinton or Weiner for their similar or worse evils. Go for it. You can't.

So, that's why--because y'all act with extreme hypocrisy and double-standards. Common sense tells us that the ONLY reason y'all say anything at all is because of POLITICS.

If you want Conservatives to stop pointing to the Clintons or Weiners of the world, then y'all need to stop pretending like you're concerned about morals and ethics when you clearly only care about the morals and ethics of CONSERVATIVES when you think you have something that can politically destroy them.

You can't have it both ways.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862
Go to Top of Page

gotchacovered
Prolific Poster

22739 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  09:07:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit gotchacovered's Homepage Send gotchacovered a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Alright, well I feel like I stated plain as day that Bill Clinton's actions were indefensible and that I don't think he's a good person just because I agree with him on many policy issues.

The point is that Liberals didn't call Clinton down for it WHEN IT HAPPENED or call for his firing like they're doing with O'Reilley. No, they defended Bill, insisted that he stay in his job. His ratings actually went up, for goodness' sake. You have to be able to admit this kind of thing if you want people to take you as legitimate, man.

Can you, or can you not, admit that if O'Reilley should be fired or step down for what he allegedly did, Clinton and Weiner should have done the same, and there possibly should have been even more outrage because of their offices and the nature of the alleged crimes?

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862
Go to Top of Page

DFreedom
Prolific Poster

12941 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  09:20:13 AM  Show Profile Send DFreedom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That was kind of my point Lee (though some missed it or refused to see it). Liberals defend such behavior, I am not defending O'Reilly and would not defend anyone guilty of such behavior. The left defends abhorrent behavior all the time, especially if it is one of their darlings.

Go to Top of Page

Edistodaniel

5149 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  09:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Edistodaniel an AOL message  Send Edistodaniel a Yahoo! Message Send Edistodaniel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill O'Reilly was fired due to multiple accusations of sexual assault. The Dorito became President after multiple accusations of sexual assault, and a voice recording of him encouraging it. 'Murica.
Go to Top of Page

SirSpear

1826 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  09:51:24 AM  Show Profile Send SirSpear a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

Bill O'Reilly was fired due to multiple accusations of sexual assault. The Dorito became President after multiple accusations of sexual assault, and a voice recording of him encouraging it. 'Murica.

That can't be, don't you know that ONLY liberals overlook this sort of behavior when they agree with the person's politics?
Go to Top of Page

natureboy
SPONSOR

2756 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  10:35:20 AM  Show Profile Send natureboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An accusation is not proof of anything.. And I suppose that your refering to garden variety locker room talk that most of us have been guilty of. Cant you find something thats not so worn out?
Go to Top of Page

Edistodaniel

5149 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  11:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Edistodaniel an AOL message  Send Edistodaniel a Yahoo! Message Send Edistodaniel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

That can't be, don't you know that ONLY liberals overlook this sort of behavior when they agree with the person's politics?

I think it's interesting we also automatically condone everything Clinton did, because we don't instantly and loudly condemn his behavior every time another GOP sex scandal arises.
Go to Top of Page

SirSpear

1826 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  11:11:28 AM  Show Profile Send SirSpear a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:

That was kind of my point Lee (though some missed it or refused to see it). Liberals defend such behavior, I am not defending O'Reilly and would not defend anyone guilty of such behavior. The left defends abhorrent behavior all the time, especially if it is one of their darlings.

Pot, meet kettle:

quote:

An accusation is not proof of anything.. And I suppose that your refering to garden variety locker room talk that most of us have been guilty of. Cant you find something thats not so worn out?

Go to Top of Page

natureboy
SPONSOR

2756 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  11:22:23 AM  Show Profile Send natureboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I think it's interesting we also automatically condone everything Clinton did, because we don't instantly and loudly condemn his behavior every time another GOP sex scandal arises.

Kettle meet pot

Edited by - natureboy on 04/21/2017 11:24:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Edistodaniel

5149 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  11:41:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Edistodaniel an AOL message  Send Edistodaniel a Yahoo! Message Send Edistodaniel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kettle meet pot

Appears you don't understand what that expression means.
Go to Top of Page

natureboy
SPONSOR

2756 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  11:54:00 AM  Show Profile Send natureboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course I do. That's why I have great respect for your brilliant elite left status!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000