Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Cooking your catch
 Good penninsula restaurants: cook your catch?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bonecrusher

660 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  8:30:36 PM  Show Profile Send bonecrusher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got buddies coming to town in May and doing a day offshore. They're interested in having some of the days catch prepared by a restaurant downtown.
Anyone know where we could do this?
Also, what's the best way to ship fish back up to them?

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau

natureboy
SPONSOR

2756 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  9:35:32 PM  Show Profile Send natureboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are a hat full of laws that will prevent this. All the seafood in the business must come from a licensed seafood dealer. Also the chain of liability - insurance regs.
Go to Top of Page

xman

1180 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  10:36:55 PM  Show Profile Send xman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't quote me, but I think I remember folks talking about the Waters Edge on#8203; Shem Creek may do this.

15' Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro
Go to Top of Page

Hundo6
Intermediate Member

62 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  09:09:09 AM  Show Profile Send Hundo6 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've heard of the Variety Store restaurant at the city marina doing this but have never done it personally. Maybe worth a phone call.

19' American Skiff Coral Bay
Go to Top of Page

bioguy
Intermediate Member

149 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2017 :  2:09:49 PM  Show Profile Send bioguy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Styrofoam cooler and dry ice works the best for shipping. dry ice will last for days and you can get it at most harris teeters and ice cream suppliers.
Go to Top of Page

Fred67

9733 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  06:35:18 AM  Show Profile Send Fred67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are a couple of resteraunst in the outer Banks that will cook your catch, but I don't know of any local?

Rod holder mounted hibachi and grill it on the boat. ?

"Why Bruce?"
Go to Top of Page

Redstripe

4303 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2017 :  01:45:37 AM  Show Profile Send Redstripe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Common in the Caribbean. Not sure here.
Go to Top of Page

fominroman
Intermediate Member

84 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  10:27:43 AM  Show Profile Send fominroman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure the Crab House right next to Wappoo landing does this.
Go to Top of Page

fominroman
Intermediate Member

84 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  10:28:57 AM  Show Profile Send fominroman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But of course, that is not peninsular
Go to Top of Page

Edistodaniel

5149 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  1:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Edistodaniel an AOL message  Send Edistodaniel a Yahoo! Message Send Edistodaniel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nobody can do it legally. No restaurant would take that liability from the general public.
Go to Top of Page

Manamana

35 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2017 :  08:02:33 AM  Show Profile Send Manamana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yep, Crab House on Wapoo does this...was there yesterday...they have it on the menu for $11.99....bring your cleaned fish, they will cook it for you. They have cleaning tables on the dock, so you can clean and filet your catch right there, then take it to them......
Go to Top of Page

Fred67

9733 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2017 :  06:29:03 AM  Show Profile Send Fred67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Manamana

yep, Crab House on Wapoo does this...was there yesterday...they have it on the menu for $11.99....bring your cleaned fish, they will cook it for you. They have cleaning tables on the dock, so you can clean and filet your catch right there, then take it to them......

Dang, hope that comes with sides.

"Why Bruce?"
Go to Top of Page

Moral Kiosk

208 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2017 :  08:05:54 AM  Show Profile Send Moral Kiosk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here you go, directly from their menu:

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000