Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Inshore Reports
 First Topwater catch of the year, w/pic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drterry

210 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  4:40:42 PM  Show Profile Send drterry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Out this AM, wish I had some Bourbon on board!

bryson

441 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  4:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit bryson's Homepage Send bryson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ouch! Which way did ya go with it? That reminds me, I need to get some nice bolt cutters for the boat...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
1994 Hewes Redfisher 18, 2004 Yamaha 150 VMAX
Malibu X-Factor Kayak
Go to Top of Page

drterry

210 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  4:57:16 PM  Show Profile Send drterry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tried to push it thru so i could cut barb off but it wouldn't budge. Grabbed the pliers and thankfully it only took one good tug to get it out.I did chug a beer right after even though it was ioly 10.30!
Go to Top of Page

gail wins

1812 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  11:02:42 PM  Show Profile Send gail wins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd need something stronger than a beer for that!!! Bet it'll be sorerrrr tomorrow

George McDonald ; MAD Charleston
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see "Old Glory" waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero's that makes it wave.
author unknown
Go to Top of Page

leadenwahboy

2183 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  06:13:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit leadenwahboy's Homepage Send leadenwahboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ouch!

Best way I've ever seen is like this video. The Bourbon helps, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06T9c5YMLzA

Wadmalaw native
16' Bentz-Craft Flats Boat
Go to Top of Page

Badfish
Intermediate Member

75 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  08:11:41 AM  Show Profile Send Badfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
X3 OUCH!....tetanus shot?
Go to Top of Page

drterry

210 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  09:46:05 AM  Show Profile Send drterry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its not too bad this am, gave it a good soak in alcohol.
I didnt get a tetanus.
Go to Top of Page

Bonzo72
Prolific Poster

13928 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  09:51:20 AM  Show Profile Send Bonzo72 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ouch David...hope your catch ratio goes in the opposite direction soon! cheers!

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org
Go to Top of Page

Rick McGee
Intermediate Member

103 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  10:15:18 AM  Show Profile Send Rick McGee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Owwee !! I've only had that happen once....it was in my shoulder. The wife wanted me to go to the ER....I talked her into the old braided line yank out......she still gets queasy every time she talks about it. Glad you're on the mend, my friend.

2003 Key West 1720 Sportsman
2016 Ocean Kayak BG2
Go to Top of Page

drterry

210 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  11:05:28 AM  Show Profile Send drterry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bonzo and Rick.
I did meet up after this with Mike from Hadrells who very kindly put me on a great redfish which made my day!
Go to Top of Page

PeaPod

6503 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  11:11:43 AM  Show Profile Send PeaPod a Private Message  Reply with Quote
drterry, you're a good sport for sharing this.

if you throw lures long enough, this will happen.
Go to Top of Page

7cs

3647 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  11:42:57 AM  Show Profile Send 7cs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's amazing how tough skin is, especially when you are trying to push through it from the inside.
Go to Top of Page

DFreedom
Prolific Poster

12941 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  11:54:10 AM  Show Profile Send DFreedom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OW!, Was expecting to see a fish, not a thumb. Them treble hooks are rough. Glad your day got better.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?
Go to Top of Page

Troyc

42 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  12:02:27 PM  Show Profile Send Troyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uggghh, did that last summer on the thumb just above the nail. Agree with all other comments but, I think it hurts more when you look at it. Once it's out it feels better.

Keep on castin'
Go to Top of Page

jford

1918 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  12:47:33 PM  Show Profile Send jford a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ouch!! Fish flop and hook you with other hook or what?

J Ford

Go to Top of Page

gail wins

1812 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  2:07:35 PM  Show Profile Send gail wins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any body ever see the video of ( I Think ) Bill Dance, but not sure: sitting down on trebs in his boat??? fastened his Azz to carpet and couldn't see it, get up, or reach it to free himself!!!
Go to Top of Page

drterry

210 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  2:50:54 PM  Show Profile Send drterry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jford

Ouch!! Fish flop and hook you with other hook or what?

J Ford

It would have been a bit easier to take if an actual fish was involved....but not the case.
I was finished using the rod and was putting the hook in the hook ring.
I was holding rod in my right hand and the hook I was trying to out n the ring slipped out if my hand, there was some tension in the lure, and in it went!
Will not be using that procedure in future!

Go to Top of Page

Epres

281 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  11:24:45 AM  Show Profile Send Epres a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I push my barbs down for that reason. Not as bad w/out barbs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000