Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Offshore Reports
 Sailfish 4-20
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fortunate Son

320 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  08:43:24 AM  Show Profile Send Fortunate Son a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Started on a weedline just shy of Edisto Banks. Had the downrigger line go off and make a nice run but came unglued. Worked our way out, stopping to fish weedlines in 200, 400, and 700 feet. Picked up a gaffer in 200 and a slinger out deep but really slow otherwise. Heading back in saw a fish take a swipe at the short rigger and then come back and eat it. No one was in the tower as we had long since given up and started drinking beer and listening to music on the deck. Never jumped so thought it was a small wahoo until it got to the boat and saw the sail. Much needed daymaker. Really nice day. Brother in law brought his drone and got some cool photos and video of the boat.

Badfish

47 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  08:50:30 AM  Show Profile Send Badfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice! Beautiful fish and boat!
Go to Top of Page

Lowcountryboy

265 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  09:34:33 AM  Show Profile Send Lowcountryboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty work.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations,neither are you here to live up to mine" Peter Tosh - I Am That I Am
Go to Top of Page

PeaPod

6251 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  11:13:40 AM  Show Profile Send PeaPod a Private Message  Reply with Quote
fortunate, you make some of the best posts on this site. thank you

aren't you the guy that solo landed several tarpon last summer?
Go to Top of Page

birddawg

344 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  11:22:28 AM  Show Profile Send birddawg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We were right behind you on the weedline near the EB I'm pretty sure (with the storm coming behind us). We marked the weedline and ran from the storm. When we came back to it the it after it passed it was scattered.

Nice post. The weather was great yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

Fortunate Son

320 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  1:56:03 PM  Show Profile Send Fortunate Son a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Pea Pod. I enjoy your posts as well. Yeah, I had a good year with the tarpon last summer once I found where they were. The fun part about that fishery is that the St. Helena Sound sandbars all shift over the year so you have to start from scratch every July.
Go to Top of Page

Apickett
Administrator

3087 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  2:48:18 PM  Show Profile Send Apickett a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice report the boat looks great.
Go to Top of Page

tjackson

263 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  8:30:56 PM  Show Profile Send tjackson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet ride! Did you sell the Hydra Sport?
Go to Top of Page

high life

1571 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  02:37:44 AM  Show Profile Send high life a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice job!

Pioneer 222SF
Go to Top of Page

Fortunate Son

320 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  07:56:55 AM  Show Profile Send Fortunate Son a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tjackson

Sweet ride! Did you sell the Hydra Sport?

Sell would be generous, but yes. Basically wholesaled to a guy in NJ. who is putting a new top and tower on her, probably for resale.
Go to Top of Page

OverDraft225

178 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  11:30:27 AM  Show Profile Send OverDraft225 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
X2 on the beautiful boat and nice work on starting the season out right!!

Sea Hunt 225
Yamaha F200
Go to Top of Page

boatpoor

2615 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  10:41:42 PM  Show Profile Send boatpoor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like ya'll had a great day! Nice pict. and great looking boat!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000