Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Non-Fishing
 Business
 1099 or W2?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

cm

13 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  11:57:28 AM  Show Profile Send cm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been offered a position paying 100/hr + expenses and been given the option of being a W2 or 1099 employee. If I choose 1099 they will charge a 2.25% service fee on each invoice.

All other things are equal: No healthcare, No 401k, ect...

Which is better?

bulldog1

335 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  10:08:31 AM  Show Profile Send bulldog1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The safe bet is to go with the W-2 employment profile. File your taxes as soon as you get your tax withholding paperwork from your employer, and you probably just avoided a big dollar headache. Make sure you claim all of your deductions on your W-4, and you just might get a refund.
Go to Top of Page

claim

3034 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  5:07:12 PM  Show Profile Send claim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think as 1099, you are considered an independent contractor. As a W-2, you are an employee and covered under their company worker's comp and business liability.

In other words....1099

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 22 boy that won't move out)
1 - 18 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Edited by - claim on 07/17/2017 5:17:02 PM
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic