Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 King Mackerel
 Near Shore fishing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Doradojoe
Intermediate Member

66 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2017 :  09:17:40 AM  Show Profile Send Doradojoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've not been offshore since moving to Charleston area a couple years ago..Been spending me time fishing the backwaters.
Anyone mind sharing some info on where to start looking for kings and spadefish nearshore to Charleston jetties area out 5 to 15miles? I used to do a lot of nearshore fishing out of Ocean Isle Beach NC so I know all the tactics.. just not sure where to start looking around here :(

Whats a good water depth to look for Kings in this time of year? 60 -80ft?
and as fallback (Plan B) what are some good artificial reefs that hold a lot of speadfish?

2015 18ft Tidewater w/ 115 4-stroke Yammy

billsstew
Intermediate Member

85 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  11:41:34 PM  Show Profile Send billsstew a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nearshore / Edisto 60
Go to Top of Page

FishingDuo

650 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  11:57:44 PM  Show Profile Send FishingDuo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They have been right off the beach as off lately, just look for the pods of pogies.
Go to Top of Page

Redstripe

4303 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2017 :  01:46:55 AM  Show Profile Send Redstripe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This year has been weird. The water in MI is finally looking right. I say it's now on along the beaches.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000