Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CharlestonFishing.Com
 Swap Shop
 1988 Aqua Sport & 1996 Yamaha 150 SS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

citadel1995
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2017 :  4:27:23 PM  Show Profile Send citadel1995 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1988 Aqua Sport CC.
Good condition for age! SOLID Hull and Floor.
44gal tank (replaced 2011)
Lee Outriggers.
Trim Tabs.
Tandem Trailer

1996 Yamaha 150 Saltwater Series.
Very clean, Strong, and Fast! Well maintained. low hours! (not exactly sure of the hours, when I received it from my father in 2009 it had less than 50 hours)
New water pump and lower unit oil this year.
I rebuilt the carbs about 4 years ago and every year I clean them to clear out any varnish or gunk.

Dry Bilge! I cleaned all of the old sealant and re-sealed everything that could be sealed when I changed the tanks and new access covers. Changed out all old wires with tinned marine wires. Pretty much all of little things that older boats require!!!

Very good and seaworthy boat!

I usually fish it 30-40 miles off, been out as far as 68miles (flat seas of course!) So I am pretty anal about maintenance and care for the boat!

Asking $5,000.

I'll post more information when I get home, I'm at work & do not have all the specifics in front of me.

sunbums

14 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2017 :  5:04:34 PM  Show Profile Send sunbums a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had that same boat, it's really heavy. I had the transom just about fall off on me one day.
Is that what I'm seeing there?
Go to Top of Page

MuddyWaterFisher

517 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2017 :  6:32:41 PM  Show Profile Send MuddyWaterFisher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sunbums

I had that same boat, it's really heavy. I had the transom just about fall off on me one day.
Is that what I'm seeing there?

I was wondering the same thing... and also about the console setting on wood blocks.
Go to Top of Page

citadel1995
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  09:58:03 AM  Show Profile Send citadel1995 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No! the transom is solid!

When my father owned it a limb fell across the backside many years ago during a Hurricane and cracked the glass. My father wanting to reinforce it sanded and repaired fiberglass but he just brushed on the gelcoat and didn't try "finishing" it by sanding and buffing. When I got it from him and swapped out the fuel tank, I pulled the rub rail (I still have the rub rail, I just kept putting it off), fixed the little spider cracks and any other dings, etc., 5200 the cap screws and resealed all the thru-hulls then buffed and wax. I started working on smoothing out his repair work but he used allot of glass & resin and me not being a professional glass person, I did the best I could to smooth it out. Trust me if the boat was to get crushed, corners would still be standing! I also thought that I had the correct gelcoat match but realized my mix was a little darker, Reason why you should not try matching colors at night(DUH!)
The wood under the console is solid Mahogany. I did to raise the console height. I wanted the controls higher since I stood up most of the time on the boat, and Also, so I could fit a larger spare fuel tank for the long trips offshore. I usually put a 12gallon portable under there for back up when I went past 30-40 miles and trolling. I later got one of those fuel bladders but I still liked having the console raised. I used the original teak trim as a guide for the mounting the wood so that I did not drill additional holes into the floor!

I did allot of other little things to reinforce stuff, primarily out of my fear of tearing up the boat. I'm sure some of it is overkill but I am convinced that because of it, the boat has lasted as long as it has! I've been out when the weather has really turned bad and I've always felt safe in this boat!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000