Weather Recipes Search Charters Classifieds Sponsors YouTube Twitter Facebook FAQ's Calendar Resources CharlestonFishing.Com

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

CharlestonFishing.Com
CharlestonFishing.Com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Your Space
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Non-Fishing
 Off Topic
 Reel ID?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dippin_kodiak

544 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  2:09:47 PM  Show Profile Send dippin_kodiak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you guys recognize what brand this reel may be? There are no markings at all.

Bowtech Allegiance
Ruger M77 .270

mhebbard

1411 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  2:44:02 PM  Show Profile Send mhebbard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
avet

edit: looks like avet or avet knockoff. handle is aftermarket.

Edited by - mhebbard on 05/19/2017 2:46:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

dippin_kodiak

544 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  3:16:03 PM  Show Profile Send dippin_kodiak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I thought it may be an Avet but all the ones I have seen have always been marked. Whoever owned it must have changed out the sideplate in addition to the handle.

Bowtech Allegiance
Ruger M77 .270
Go to Top of Page

InshoreAngler

914 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  8:03:39 PM  Show Profile Send InshoreAngler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say Avet as well, but could be a clone if no markings.
Go to Top of Page

Rapchizzle

4425 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  10:30:24 PM  Show Profile Send Rapchizzle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=170969

It looks similar to the avet 4/02 but it has a top cross bar, the other cross bar has holes that the avet does not, the drag lever is different and the side plate is different. Knock off avet is my guess.

Check on THT
Go to Top of Page

sellsfish

5949 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2017 :  09:18:22 AM  Show Profile Send sellsfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which pawnshop and how much do they want for it

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him"
Go to Top of Page

Reeldawg
Intermediate Member

107 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2017 :  11:19:26 AM  Show Profile Send Reeldawg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would say that's a clone. I would be interested in how much and how well the reel has held up, since it's used.
Go to Top of Page

dippin_kodiak

544 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2017 :  5:21:20 PM  Show Profile Send dippin_kodiak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It belongs to a friend of mine, but he paid $50 for it. It won't go into freespool so I'm tearing it down to see what's binding it.

Bowtech Allegiance
Ruger M77 .270
Go to Top of Page

InshoreAngler

914 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2017 :  7:35:26 PM  Show Profile Send InshoreAngler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, assume its a clone, your money but know what your buying!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CharlestonFishing.Com © CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000