Trolling Motor Question

Have looked back thru the archives and am not able to find any posts addressing my question. Have purchased a little Stinger for fishing the creeks around Folly. Need to mount a trolling motor on it and am currently using a foot control on my bass boat in fresh water. Have looked at remote foot control, remote hand control and tiller control on Bass Pro Shop website. The remote foot and remote hand controls did not get as good reviews as the old timey tiller operation. I have not used a tiller since high school and am comfortable with the hard wired foot control. Am leaning toward the bow mounted tiller operated Riptide due to the good reviews. Sure would like to have a foot control though. Am interested to know how others feel about this subject. Any and all coments appreciated.
Replies

• >
  • >>
  • of 2 pages
I know of two individuals that swear by the foot controls.
I have a tiller only due to cost reasons.

tiller will work fine on the bow. I've had the foot control & the tiller on the front. i prefer the tiller.

a riptide came with my little skiff, it wasn't even a bow mount version...redneck engineering, voilah. it's been fine for over a year.

good luck

Tiller works fine for me. Its my first TM so I have nothing to compare it to. Less to go wrong also IMO.
PP I like the redneck engineering

Nice fish, by the way.
Chartering, a remote control is a no-brainer for me. I can be all over the boat, tending my clients needs. Pleasure fishing, however, I prefer a foot control (cable) for the hands free operation allowing me to use both hands to work the lure.
Hi Op!

Bob Sanders
FishingWithBob
Edisto Inshore Charters
Big Fork Farms LLC
Real Estate Sales
803-300-2780
803-259-1374
bob@fishingwithbob.com
www.fishingwithbob.com
www.southcarolinalandonline.com
Thanks to all for the help. Tight lines.
just got my Brand New Minn Kota Riptide 70lb thrust with I-pilot...getting it installed next week....will let you know what I think next week... ;-)

livin life one day at a time!!!
2006 Seafox172
05 Mercury90hp(saltwater)
use foot control for years with an 18' ranger and it worked great until I started having problem with the foot control(costly) Now that I have the minnkota no problems at all and for the past 6 yrs no issues once you get comfortable with the operations. By the way Bugs I have that tilt trim motor back online so pull over babby!

Too Fish or not Too Fish
That be the question!

18' CC SeaFox

• >
  • >>
  • of 2 pages