Shad 2021

Who's ready?? I get home in late January & will be looking for reports, if not i'll give it a go.

21 Contender
Replies

Caught my first shad of the year this morning.No roe but it was nice to fry up some fresh bucks.Got a catfish too but nothing like the flavor of shad.Got a small flounder and some little rockfish,they was lucky I already had enough to eat. I seen the man lurking around also.haha There is a few on the way up to tailrace.
Saw on Instagram that some were caught in the tailrace yesterday.

21 Contender
Caught my first shad of the year this morning.No roe but it was nice to fry up some fresh bucks.Got a catfish too but nothing like the flavor of shad.Got a small flounder and some little rockfish,they was lucky I already had enough to eat. I seen the man lurking around also.haha There is a few on the way up to tailrace.Originally posted by sman

Did you fish the power plant? By Nucor?

21 Contender
Yes and the landing at tailrace was full today.Tailrace seems to produce early but nothing lasting???
Dont underestimate how hard some of these guys fish for shad. Just because they caught some doesn't mean its worth going. Last year a guy caught 11 and i talked to everyone there and no one caught anything besides him. I didnt get a bite. Not trying to discourage anyone just let you know some prior experiences ive had chasing early shad reports. But ti will agree the tail race seems to do better earlier.
Dont underestimate how hard some of these guys fish for shad. Just because they caught some doesn't mean its worth going. Last year a guy caught 11 and i talked to everyone there and no one caught anything besides him. I didnt get a bite. Not trying to discourage anyone just let you know some prior experiences ive had chasing early shad reports. But ti will agree the tail race seems to do better earlier.Originally posted by 40inchreds

I’ve done well over the years. I’m no rookie. I’ll give it a go as soon as I get home.

21 Contender
i thought only democrats eat shad
i thought only democrats eat shadOriginally posted by PeaPod
Why you.............. I hope to see you up at the trestle with Ted this year.
that's a great place.

one year circa 2010, we saw a fite, 3 guys scrapping literally rolled down the hill, 1 in the water.

another year, the hole place was closed and taped off for a murder investigation

ted had the deets
Limits were caught today by people I trust & have seen pics.

21 Contender