Shad 2021

Who's ready?? I get home in late January & will be looking for reports, if not i'll give it a go.

21 Contender
Replies

My son & his buddy went yesterday & got on them. Said it was better early then late.

21 Contender
Don’t go on a Thursday, I was there from daylight til 1400 and it sucked.Got six total with one small roe.Water was running when I got there and then they cut it off at 1130.Damifino?Worst day I’ve had since they started running water thru arrowhead.Every dog has his day I reckon.haha
Nobody else was doing any good either you smart dicks.There was a fella fishing off the bank by the track,had a helluva fine looking broad with him,was that you ted?
Sounds to me like sman was more worried about looking at the babes and catching fish...

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Haha,you got that right bo.
Thursday could of sucked because Wednesday afternoon they cut the water on at wilsons landing. It was insane how much current it had. It was dead water up stream from arrowhead and absolutely ripping from the landing down.
Got to fish the Veterans Event at the dam on the rediversion. Epic is an understatement, limit of Shad in no time. 12 nice stripers released & if I would’ve brought catfish stuff I could’ve filled a cooler. Some big cats caught.

21 Contender
Arrow head 4 6 21 high water heavy current and steady wind fished around 10 minutes with no action left side by the bridge if your facing the bridge. Talked to a few people and looked at what a few others were fishing the crowd is split and thinned way out. Half shad and herring fishers, half striper and cat fish. Some older gentlemen i asked for a report from asked if i wanted some fish. They gave me some shad and herring so i got what i came for.
Arrow head 4 6 21 high water heavy current and steady wind fished around 10 minutes with no action left side by the bridge if your facing the bridge. Talked to a few people and looked at what a few others were fishing the crowd is split and thinned way out. Half shad and herring fishers, half striper and cat fish. Some older gentlemen i asked for a report from asked if i wanted some fish. They gave me some shad and herring so i got what i came for.Originally posted by 40inchreds

Thanks for the update. May take my Daughter Friday if she doesn't want to get up to Turkey hunt. Guess I'll need to bring tackle for everything. bigsmile
What the guys gave me. Thank you.

Pulling the rods out the boat in a nat storm and bang. Popped the sabiki and bent the hooks so it was hard to pull out. Had to pull till it unbent to push it out

Count was 34 herring 5 shad
Last edited by 40inchreds