Marathon Florida Fishing trip advice

Headed down to Marathon FL for the first time with the boat at the end of February. Any advice on finding live bait, places to find critters, or what I should target and do would be amazing! If you are so kind as to share a spot hit me on the DM and I will keep it private, I bought one of the Hot Spots maps but those can be hit or miss.

I got the Boat and trailer squared away with extra hub, new brakes, spare tire, and also plan on taking the toll roads when I can.

Grady White 258 WA
"Just for the Halibut"
Replies

• <<
  • <
  • of 2 pages
Had a blast at Marathon. Capt Pips is right next to Porky's. Both places were great. Spent one day at Key West down on Duval St. Stopped over coming and going outside Tampa off 75. Wind howled the whole week until we got ready to go. Did more pool and bar time than fishing. All I caught was a barracuda off the dock out back. Chummed by the mangroves and that was all that bit. Had planned to snorkel but water was still a bit brisk. Had a blast and next time we will fly down!

J Ford

Had a blast at Marathon. Capt Pips is right next to Porky's. Both places were great. Spent one day at Key West down on Duval St. Stopped over coming and going outside Tampa off 75. Wind howled the whole week until we got ready to go. Did more pool and bar time than fishing. All I caught was a barracuda off the dock out back. Chummed by the mangroves and that was all that bit. Had planned to snorkel but water was still a bit brisk. Had a blast and next time we will fly down!

J Ford

Originally posted by jford

Would you recommend Capt pips? Looking for a good charter gulf side and and Atlantic side... No Tarpon, ... what's the go to meat fish for June / July?

• <<
  • <
  • of 2 pages