Kings Market Knockoffs,,,,,,,,

,,,,,Last time I was on Edisto we picked up some cajun pickled quail eggs from Kings Market. They were really good, not great.

This is my attempt to out-do them with hens instead of quail.

Mostly its vinegar, salt, allspice, garlic, cayenne pepper, cajun seasoning, black pepper, onion, peppercorn, bay leaf, chili powder, crushed red pepper, pickled okra, and a few hot pickled peppers.

I showed you mine, now show me yours.

Thats it. As you were
Replies

• <<
  • <
  • of 2 pages
Sorry, slow to respond. This is the recipe I tried, but altered. I am a big fan of apple cider vinegar so I substituted apple cider vinegar for 2 cups of water. The eggs were great, but the onions were fantastic. Next time I try, it will be a vegetable melody (onions, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini(?)) And all apple cider (no water or white)

Hard-boiled eggs pickled in a sweet and tangy mustard brine.

INGREDIENTS
12 hard boiled eggs

1 thinly sliced medium sweet onion

4 cups water

1 cup distilled white vinegar

1 cup granulated sugar

1 Tablespoon salt

3 Tablespoons prepared mustard (like yellow French’s)

1 Tablespoon mustard seed

2 teaspoons turmeric – optional, but recommended

DIRECTIONS
Combine all ingredients (except eggs) in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat to slightly cool. (about 5 minutes)
Place hard boiled eggs and sliced onions in a heat-safe lidded jar or glass container. Pour the mustard pickling mixture over eggs and onions. Place in refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.
Give a swish every day to make sure everything is coated.

• <<
  • <
  • of 2 pages