Yesterdays Crappie

Bob
Last edited by Bob 241
Replies

That one at the bottom with its head pointing towards the bottom (the one on the left in the previous pic) sure looks like a white perch... Doesn't have any spots I can see... If you saw it only had a single dorsal fin, then it was a white crappie... That's the only sure way to know...

Thanks for posting...

RBF
Hey Fred,

You said CF jumped the shark. At what point do you personally think it went "belly-up"?

Here's why I am asking........Take this very thread for example....the two biggest reasons for the downfall of what was once one of the premier fishing sights in the Southeastern USA (the Porch Dick and the Shunkey) are bragging and thumping their chests about a pile of level two sweetfish containing bream or perch.

I'm just saying I agree with you sir, I just wonder when and where you think Elvis left the building?

Staff

Originally posted by Edisto Fisher--Staff

I'd have to say when Andy left and no more "poofs" on B.S. threads + the ridiculously aggravating new format. Add to that the other easier avenues/ media outlets to post pics and "brag". I'll have to disagree a bit on bragging on some Bream or Perch or most any kind of fish. A fish is a fish is a fish. Other than a toad fish. A good "mess" of fish weather it be monster sword or a beautiful largemouth bass is worthy of conversation and maybe a little "bragging". smile Even if it is Bob that caught the fish or supposedly caught the fish... Just rankling you Bob.
Last edited by Richard Beer Froth

Hmmm...

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/fish/species/whiteperch.html

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/fish/species/whitecrappie.html

RBF

The lower jaw extends back under the eye on crappie. This might help you.

Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

Bob
Yeah, I just can't see it... I see a bream over on the left now with the second pic, and confirmed there was an "eye popper" in the middle of the pile...

Again, thanks for the actual fishing report post... Unfortunately, it turned nasty again due to certain members... They're ruining this site, and that's their main objective...

RBF

In the meantime, tight lines, and please try to be a little more respectful to each other (looking at you Edisto Fisher wink).
Originally posted by Admin

I guess it's a gullah thing to brag on a mess of undersized sweetfish, but hey, to each his own

Staff
Originally posted by Edisto Fisher--Staff

Last edited by Richard Beer Froth