Grouper and Bottom Fishing Advice??

Took our boat out and went fishing for the first time about in about 90ft of water on some spots on maps unique. Caught only a few keeper sea bass, 1 vermillion, 2 grunts, and 2 15 pound red snapper. I'm relatively new at fishing "offshore", have been out fishing at some live bottom in 60ft but would like to catch some grouper. We have a smaller center console, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on catching quality bottom fish in about 60-100 feet, and also on effectively anchoring on spots as I've had some trouble getting "right on the spot".
Replies

• <<
  • <
  • of 2 pages
Fred, sells is still here. I talk to him once in a while, I suspect he got tired of dealing with the issues on this page. He posts on FB sites now and still slays the Grouper.

Sea Hunt 212 Triton
"Head East"
thanks for the advice everyone. Where do yall go to catch live bait (menhaden, pinfish)? And what sort of rigs would you suggest?
On the way out of the jetties, stop and look behind the fort. When the menhadden are here, that's an easy place to catch them. One good cast is all you'll need. Only get what your livewell can keep alive though. They die easily. Look for other boats with anglers on the bow and/or diving birds.

"Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality." --Peepod 07-25-2017

• <<
  • <
  • of 2 pages