Attempting to buy a new truck in this current time....

Car dealerships are crooks.

That is all.

"Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality." --Peepod 07-25-2017
Replies

Even with the higher rated hp, put your 3.0 against the 6.2 and you won't see much difference in acceleration. But you will see phenomenal fuel mileage over the 6.2. As for pulling your boat, you won't know it's back there. The Tahoe is pulling a sleeper 2 horse tag -along with no issues As with all new engines I'm always skeptical, but so far I've heard nothing but good stuff about the new 3.0. And super quiet for a diesel. Not only does it get good fuel mileage, but the DEF usage is very low from what we are noticing.

I know for a fact stock vs stock, it won't pull like the 6.6 but it will accelerate neck for neck with a 2018 6.6 duramax up to 75-80mph That's gonna be a sweet sight with the boat behind it. Be a good traveling truck for when you decide to travel the Alaska Highway or head up to Prince Edward Island. smile

Don't forget to change your A/c filter once or twice a year. It's behind the glove box, if you do it yourself (piece of cake just remove the 4 t15 torx screws holding the glove box in) the fan motor is exposed and it is easy to let debris fall in as you pull out the filter.
We're going to road trip it up the east coast in two weeks. Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire.

Looking forward to it.

"Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality." --Peepod 07-25-2017