More Shrooms...

All this rain has Mushrooms popping up everywhere. Was checking where my Chantrelles have been growing, and found a bunch of these. Desarmillaria Caespitose A.K.A. Honey mushrooms. Edible...but I'm still wary about trying types new to me.
Replies

I saw tons of varieties yesterday.. anyone know what these are?

The ones that look like fans are, Turkey Tail Mushrooms ( Trametes Versicolor )

You need to get much closer when taking pics. The other pics are to small for identification.
Last edited by stlhunr
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MushroomID

Joined this forum today, which helps with identification.

The round ones growing in a clump, look like, Jack O Lanterns, which are poisonous.
Last edited by stlhunr
The ones that look like fans are, Turkey Tail Mushrooms ( Trametes Versicolor )

You need to get much closer when taking pics. The other pics are to small for identification.
Originally posted by stlhunr

If I get back there, I'll get some better pics. Now I'm looking, I'm seeing tons of crazy looking shrooms all around. I think I'll stick to the store bought for now. Thank you for posting that link. Very informative stuff in that forum
I have some that look like the ones in the first post in my backyard. I love shrooms but, I am not willing to eat ones I have to identify myself.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?
I totally agree with Dfreedom. I'd never trust myself to pick them / identify..
Be up on your roof stripping your clothes off trying to fly.

I've never had shrooms in my yard before. I go out to the shed this morning and I have shrooms popping up everywhere.

You find things offensive.
I find things funny.
That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life's a day
Same here, never seen so many mushrooms in my yard before. Must have 50 clumps of these brown ones, and have been picking the yellow ones ( Chantrelles ) for over a month.
Guy's, I love some mushrooms, but, as others have said, worried about being wrong...

Great topic tho!!

NN
Last edited by DoubleN
Guy's, I love some mushrooms, but, as others have said, worried about being wrong...

Great topic tho!!

NNOriginally posted by DoubleN

My sister in law is a Mycologist, so when in doubt I check with her.

Great topic tho!!

NNOriginally posted by DoubleN

My sister in law is a Mycologist, so when in doubt I check with her.Originally posted by stlhunr

Phone number needed to text pics....LOL

Just messing.

NN