ADMIN, look here please

CharlestonFishing.Com
https://www.charlestonfishing.com/forums/Topic/Posts/185382?pagenum=1
09/21/21 20:28

Topic

23sailfish-Administrator
ADMIN, look here please
05/21/21 11:29

For the last year or whatever, this site has gotten more and more cumbersome and difficult to use. Its the single biggest reason you've lost so much traffic. People are tired of trying to post here and use this fishing site as a resource. It took me ten minutes to figure out how to post a picture this morning, and I've been a member of this website FOR FIFTEEN YEARS! The tools you have here do not work efficiently, and haven't for quite some time. If you want to be a legitimate fishing resource for Charleston, you need to make this LESS COMPLEX and EASIER TO USE. 90% of the original posters here, which drive your traffic and therefore your ad revenue, are gone because of how painful it is to use this site. Please revamp this thing and make it right. This is 2021; let's go.

--The pages are super slow to load even when there are no images on it-FIX IT.
--Uploading pictures to posts is hit or miss. More than 50% of the time, I get the stupid ERROR code with NO EXPLANATION as to what's wrong-FIX IT.
--Randomly it won't let you post anything. This happens on a new topic and less frequently on an already started topic-FIX IT.
--Computers these days are much faster. There's no reason to only load like 10 topics at a time. Load them all based on the time period the user selects (Last day)-FIX IT.
--Avatars don't work 90% of the time. Look around. This is day one stuff and SHOULD NOT BE COMPLICATED-FIX IT.
--The Home page has potential; its not terrible, but its in the wrong order. People come to CF.com for information. It should be: Weather, Tide, Sponsors, Fishing Content. In that Order-FIX IT.
--And the background should be the same format as the forums-FIX IT.

I've sent you two emails over the last month on this with ZERO response-FIX IT.

All of this is said with frustration, and love. I've loved this site over the years and met some great people here. But this must be said. You are killing what this site has become over the years.

"Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality." --Peepod 07-25-2017

Replies ...

23sailfish-Administrator
05/21/21 11:39

And you should be allowed to edit your posts at any time.-FIX IT

If someone posts after you, you can't edit your post.

Off the chain
05/21/21 11:46

YEP !!!!!!!!!!

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Edisto Fisher--Staff
05/21/21 14:55

If I cared enough I would post the exchanges I have had with the current admin, there have been a couple. After I posted on the other "Yo Admin" thread about them not giving a rats arse about the website and were just farming clicks to sell personal information they contacted me back. Imagine that.

Another time we had an exchange was when they put a couple of "posers" in time out and changed my name from Head Administrator to just EF. I offered my services at moderation at which time the conversation abruptly ended and no reply since. Again, surprise surprise.

That's the main reason I post my fishing pics buried in other threads, so they don't pimp me out like they are doing every single one of you guys that post a report her. All give and no take. Although a "southern man doesn't need Neil Young around anyway", Mr. Young was still spot on when he said he wasn't going to be a "Joke for Coke". I just don't want my reports and hard work pimped out, thats all.

As You Were

DFreedom
05/21/21 20:58

Several times I have attempted to start a new thread and when I click "post", I get the little red circle with the line through it. Very frustrating and one of several reasons I come here less than I used to. Kind of defeats the purpose if you can't easily start a thread. Really sucks, this used to be a great site.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

I didn't realize that Andy no longer owns the site. That explains a lot.

Fred67
05/21/21 22:22

What they said. Sadly this sight has moved backwards with Technology rather than moving forward.
Easy Rider
05/22/21 3:27

To whom it may concern:

23 Sailfish IS the backbone of this site.

Lose him it will go to hell FAST!!!!

He stayed when others left, so he MEANS it when he says he cares.

You lost TOO MANY good posters to Facebook, so bring em back by improving your business, not just for profit.

The ole days are gone. The new day is challenging, but tighter rules and more friendly discussions and eqmt. could make it fun again.
PeaPod
05/23/21 16:42

all of you i met from here are jerks

my download speed is 100K+ mbps. how can this site be so slow? skinnee nose how to unravel why the overlords are throttling the site speed. i suspect it's nefarious

i made that jerk part up. my only friends are on here.

precongrats on 2 pages. you still won't get any satisfaction though
DFreedom
05/23/21 17:00

Glad you pointed that out Pea. Mine is actually over 200 and this site is around 10.......................why?

Glad I'm not one of those jerks.

Richard Beer Froth
05/23/21 17:26

To whom it may concern:

You lost TOO MANY good posters to Facebook, so bring em back by improving your business, not just for profit.

The ole days are gone. The new day is challenging, but tighter rules and more friendly discussions and eqmt. could make it fun again. Originally posted by Easy Rider

Haha, obvious alias, and I know who you beez... Try not to have another meltdown... My bet is you'll deliver one eventually with your churlish demeanor...

RBF
Radicals Blame Foxitis

*** My valuable insight, wisdom, and truth is the inspiration for many signature lines, tantrums, and meltdowns...
poly ball-Upper Management
05/24/21 10:51

To whom it may concern:

The ole days are gone. The new day is challenging, but tighter rules and more friendly discussions and eqmt. could make it fun again. Originally posted by Easy Rider

We have a liar, because this post totally contradicts the text 23 sent back to me regarding this site...........interesting!
23sailfish-Administrator
05/25/21 11:46

We have a liar, because this post totally contradicts the text 23 sent back to me regarding this site...........interesting!Originally posted by poly ball

I forget what I said, but I probably bashed it pretty hard. Its so frustrating.....

Still waiting on an ADMIN response.

Fred67
05/25/21 23:01

To whom it may concern:

So now you have let the cat out of the bag, who are you? Or who were you on this sight? Bob thinks you are an alias for me....
Edisto Fisher--Staff
05/26/21 1:44

Originally posted by 23Sailfish

I just "knocked" a little louder this evening.

I don't think they heard us before.

Or they don't give a rats fat pattootie

Hows the fish pond? Mines got some trophy frogs in it right now. I'd post a picture, but nahhhhh.

Off the chain
05/26/21 1:46

I got to wondering this afternoon. Because when I come to the site it just goes to the topic page. So I never see advertisements. So I went to looking. I noticed I have several PMs couple over a year ago.
843-455-9090
offthechainswfishing@gmail.co
Don't always carry my phone. but do check it a several times a day.
Sorry if I didn't answer . I wasn't being an ass.
Oh crap I'm going back and see if I can find the homepage now...

Okay I'm back I found it.
Now l see what y'all were talking about the featured post.
Sumpknocker is the celebrity of the day....

22 life's a day

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
StumpNocker
05/26/21 12:18

Forums are not dead but this one sure seems to be on the outs since the "make-over". I'm curious to see what the new owner(s)? do with the list of actual complaints. I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet but I'm eyeballing it from time to time... This place can definitely use some TLC.

Fishing Nerd

"No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool... nothing else."

...well, some fishing too!
DFreedom
05/26/21 13:27

It doesn't appear as though they care.

natureboy
05/27/21 1:07

It doesn't appear as though they care.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?Originally posted by DFreedom

This forum seems to be on autopilot . I wont last this way I would never again consider purchasing a sponsorship. I know long time members that block their children from seeing some of the bad things on here. The TOS is not enforced

Please read: do not respond to the political forums trouble makers that spew filth and sewage with their name calling and constant insults. It feeds their sickness and harms this site as EF and others have noted
Fred67
05/27/21 9:48

Originally posted by 23Sailfish

I just "knocked" a little louder this evening.

I don't think they heard us before.

Or they don't give a rats fat pattootie

Hows the fish pond? Mines got some trophy frogs in it right now. I'd post a picture, but nahhhhh.

Originally posted by The Poser Formerly Known As Edisto Fisher

I see what you did... Maybe? But didn't you declare yourself Head Admin a few weeks back? You knocking on your own door?
PeaPod
05/27/21 12:47

i got bonzo to work up a new site logo. ready?...........................

Richard Beer Froth
05/27/21 22:42

3-2-1 for mdaddy's reply for a Bonzo designed site logo....

RBF
Radicals Blame Foxitis

*** My valuable insight, wisdom, and truth is the inspiration for many signature lines, tantrums, and meltdowns...
BREEZE1
05/28/21 12:39

This forum is now slower than a turtle in peanut butter.
DFreedom
05/29/21 13:33

Crunchy or creamy?

PeaPod
05/29/21 13:38

Crunchy or creamy?

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?Originally posted by DFreedom

shouldn't you be in the garage breaking something
sman
05/29/21 15:56

Both of y’all should be out catching fish like 23.
23sailfish-Administrator
06/01/21 12:51

ADMIN!!!!!!

Hello!!!!!!

DFreedom
06/01/21 20:48

Crunchy or creamy?

shouldn't you be in the garage breaking somethingOriginally posted by PeaPod

I try get my breaking stuff done early so I can hit you up with some witty quips. Actually fixed our dryer the day I posted that. Dang thing is working great now..........................what a shocker.

Off the chain
06/01/21 23:44

Never been scared to tear into anything mechanical. But have never fooled with any appliances before.
Did Dr Google help you?

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Edisto Fisher--Staff
06/02/21 1:32

DFreedom
06/02/21 13:05

Never been scared to tear into anything mechanical. But have never fooled with any appliances before.
Did Dr Google help you?

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a dayOriginally posted by Off the chain

YouTube is your friend. The rear drum seal had worn out so while I was at it, I replaced the belt and the idler pulley. It was a piece of cake.

Despite what PeePod would have you think, I am fairly handy and like DIY projects. The parts cost me around $55. I can imagine what a repair guy would have charged.

Last month I replaced our pool liner....................again, following a YouTube video. Saved $500 and probably did a better job than the last guy I paid to do it.

23sailfish-Administrator
06/03/21 12:29

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

23sailfish-Administrator
06/03/21 12:30

Please respond to my request at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks.

And FYI, the PM function DOES NOT WORK EITHER.

DFreedom
06/03/21 12:52

Hmmm, looks like this site is on autopilot...............................or, the new admin just don't care.

23sailfish-Administrator
06/04/21 12:10

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

DFreedom
06/04/21 13:00

The lights are on but no one appears to be home.

23sailfish-Administrator
06/04/21 14:50

Maybe I upset them?

mdaddy
06/04/21 15:06

Maybe I upset them?

"Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality." --Peepod 07-25-2017Originally posted by 23Sailfish-On Probation

They can't see you...you on probation. No more featured post for you.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman
sman
06/04/21 16:48

Don't worry until you get on double secret probation.
DoubleN
06/05/21 0:31

23, Admin changed your name??

NN
Fred67
06/05/21 14:36

23, Admin changed your name??

NNOriginally posted by DoubleN

I wondering if Admin can "poof" a thread with this new format? I know this post would have been taken down as soon as our previous admin saw it. If they are going to put Sailfish on Probation, they should have banned Edisto fisher for the way he plastered this thread all over. ?

Sail, why the probation? DId admin at least give you a reason for it?
PeaPod
06/05/21 15:50

few observations

23 you seem tense. agitated even. you want me to get bonzo to make you another nice soothing meme? namaste shaped like a spottail, i got other ideas

i for one am glad the dm feature don't work. some of the stuff yall sent over the years is troubling. scarring even. some scolded me which i probly deserved. some gave me tips like eatin red clay, holdin worms in your mouth, peein on jellyfish stings, warmin up your outboard on dry land at the ramp, pleasuring your wife with freerange honey, some others i forget. the photo attachments made the narrative look like choir boys. some of you are degenerates.
Edisto Fisher--Staff
06/05/21 18:37

Fred, you keep saying "EF posts in the wrong place" or "EF should be band for this or that", or "EF is putting his reports and pictures in travel for mysterious reasons" and such childish schitt as that. WTF dude, why does whatever I do make you say I should be band or that I am breaking some sort of rule? You need to stand above that behavior, unless of course I have wronged you some way and if thats the case speak up so I can make it right or stop throwing stones.

Here's a suggestion for you sir, and I say this in the most nicest and sincere way I can type it. You need to look up occasionally as things are clearly flying over your head.

You keep a eye on Bob or Bill or whatever he's calling himself now and if my posts offend you simply do like I do RBF and Bob,,,,,,,,,,just don't click on it, read it, nor respond. It works for me anyway. Have a super rest of the day.

As You Were
Bob 241
06/05/21 19:05

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha wait hold on ok ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ........

BOB

BOB
natureboy
06/05/21 19:20

Idiots are amused easily

Please read: do not respond to the political forums trouble makers that spew filth and sewage with their name calling and constant insults. It feeds their sickness and harms this site as EF and others have noted
Bob 241
06/05/21 19:24

Idiots are amused easily

Please read: do not respond to the political forums trouble makers that spew filth and sewage with their name calling and constant insults. It feeds their sickness and harms this site as EF and others have notedOriginally posted by natureboy

Well hey there little prick you just want to follow me around everywhere. You got a man crush too?
"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID"

BOB
23sailfish-Administrator
06/05/21 21:36

Back on topic please!!! This thread is about the needed changes to CF!

23sailfish-Administrator
06/05/21 21:38

And no, I have not been contacted yet.

Richard Beer Froth
06/06/21 2:43

Don't understand the PM function not working for others... My inbox is getting a plethora of PMs from the RBF fan club... Looks like they consumed all the resources and shutdown the PM function for others...

Way to go team RBF!

RBF
Radicals Blame Foxitis

Fred67
06/06/21 2:48

And no, I have not been contacted yet.

"Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality." --Peepod 07-25-2017Originally posted by 23Sailfish-On Probation

Me either, and I don't' think anyone should be banned, maybe moderated..... Maybe? I mentioned how old posts got "poofed" quite often, but now not so much now. Hey bill/bob did I get quite right? acc hole Your buddy came to your defense on me talking about you and your ex wife. Well Sir, you brought up the fact that you pushed her away because she was a loud mouth like you assume I am. I only brought it up because you did first. I really doubt you left her, you grumpy old turd.

So...23, what put you on probation? Did admin at least have the curtesy to tell you why?
Fred67
06/06/21 2:51

Fred, you keep saying "EF posts in the wrong place" or "EF should be band for this or that", or "EF is putting his reports and pictures in travel for mysterious reasons" and such childish schitt as that. WTF dude, why does whatever I do make you say I should be band or that I am breaking some sort of rule? You need to stand above that behavior, unless of course I have wronged you some way and if thats the case speak up so I can make it right or stop throwing stones.

Here's a suggestion for you sir, and I say this in the most nicest and sincere way I can type it. You need to look up occasionally as things are clearly flying over your head.

You keep a eye on Bob or Bill or whatever he's calling himself now and if my posts offend you simply do like I do RBF and Bob,,,,,,,,,,just don't click on it, read it, nor respond. It works for me anyway. Have a super rest of the day.

As You WereOriginally posted by The Poser Formerly Known As Edisto Fisher

questionquestionquestionquestion You don't offend me in the least. smile
23sailfish-Administrator
06/07/21 11:33

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMIN

PeaPod
06/07/21 18:28

wow. guess bonzo didn't send the namaste meme. between your disposition and all that fried cuisine you crush nightly, this could take its toll.
Edisto Fisher--Staff
06/09/21 1:39

Off the chain
06/09/21 16:50

Maybe a dozen people post on here. I don't see why anyone would want to buy advertisement here for that.
I understand such small numbers. You can't hardly start a new thread can't post pictures.
I guess this site not functioning properly is no big deal. With all the horrors that we have to overcome in our day-to-day life.
For example..
I can never find the correct lid to fit a dang plastic bowl......
See life's tough but we must suffer through.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
DFreedom
06/10/21 11:54

Certainly makes me wonder why someone would own a site and let it go to hell.

Admin
06/11/21 1:23

Hello members,

My name is Chris, and I want to take this opportunity to let you know the status of the site, and to answer a few questions some of you have posed in this thread. This site has been around for about 20 years, and over those 20 years not that much on the site has changed. Yet during those 20 years the world changed significantly, and now there are more ways to share and communicate with friends and your community than ever. A little more than a year ago, I, along with my brother and a close friend, decided to purchase Charleston Fishing to try to breathe new life into it. We saw an opportunity to create an online community where people help each other, learn about fishing, connect with each other, and treat each other with respect.

Just before we purchased Charleston Fishing, the previous owners decided to upgrade the forum to a new version in an effort to make the forum better and more usable. While the previous owners had the best intentions, many people were very upset when this change took place, and justifiably so. Simply put, the new forum does not work well. Unfortunately, the new forum is written in an antiquated programming language, using antiquated technology, and is closed source (meaning we do not have access to the code to fix it). This leaves us with only one option - replacing the forum again, which is an enormous undertaking. Our vision for the site includes a forum that is much easier to use, it will be faster and will be free of bugs. We are hard at work on making our vision a reality, and just ask that you are patient with us during this transitional phase. In the end, I can assure you that the new site will be worth the wait.

In the meantime, tight lines, and please try to be a little more respectful to each other (looking at you Edisto Fisher wink).

PS: I have been using Charleston Fishing for 10 years, and am also very frustrated waiting for pages to load and dealing with the errors. I'm an avid fisherman and am looking forward to turning this site around!

Webmaster,
CharlestonFishing.Com

Webmaster,
CharlestonFishing.Com
Edisto Fisher--Staff
06/11/21 2:49

Richard Beer Froth
06/11/21 3:23

Haha, EF advocates members be compensated by Admin for their fishing reports and contributions...

How about this EF.... Harold posts a link to his BBQ sauce he sells under his name on every post... With Harold being on the "featured" posts for the whole world to see wouldn't that drive traffic to his product's website for free? Sounds fair to me...

I look at it like this Harold, if you saw someone using your exact sauce recipe, your exact logo, your exact packaging, and basically your entire corporate identity without giving your credit or some sort of compensation would you be pissed? All I am asking for is a tiny bit of sweet feed in the forum section at the end of the day for the content we provide pro bono.

Is that too much to ask? You said you didn't understand what was up with me posting that link, I hope you see what I saw now.

Can I get an AMEN up in here brother? How's about a high 5? Fist bump? Tip of the cap?

Keep posting Harold, don't pay any attention to me. When and if things change around here you can thank me then, until then I'll keep posting links and knocking on doors just looking for a little sweet feed, and you keep putting up those awesome reports I so enjoy reading.

EF
Originally posted by Edisto Fisher--Now On Double Secret Probation

RBF

Fred67
06/11/21 10:13

Hello members,

My name is Chris, and I want to take this opportunity to let you know the status of the site, and to answer a few questions some of you have posed in this thread. This site has been around for about 20 years, and over those 20 years not that much on the site has changed. Yet during those 20 years the world changed significantly, and now there are more ways to share and communicate with friends and your community than ever. A little more than a year ago, I, along with my brother and a close friend, decided to purchase Charleston Fishing to try to breathe new life into it. We saw an opportunity to create an online community where people help each other, learn about fishing, connect with each other, and treat each other with respect.

Just before we purchased Charleston Fishing, the previous owners decided to upgrade the forum to a new version in an effort to make the forum better and more usable. While the previous owners had the best intentions, many people were very upset when this change took place, and justifiably so. Simply put, the new forum does not work well. Unfortunately, the new forum is written in an antiquated programming language, using antiquated technology, and is closed source (meaning we do not have access to the code to fix it). This leaves us with only one option - replacing the forum again, which is an enormous undertaking. Our vision for the site includes a forum that is much easier to use, it will be faster and will be free of bugs. We are hard at work on making our vision a reality, and just ask that you are patient with us during this transitional phase. In the end, I can assure you that the new site will be worth the wait.

In the meantime, tight lines, and please try to be a little more respectful to each other (looking at you Edisto Fisher wink).

PS: I have been using Charleston Fishing for 10 years, and am also very frustrated waiting for pages to load and dealing with the errors. I'm an avid fisherman and am looking forward to turning this site around!

Webmaster,
CharlestonFishing.Com

Webmaster,
CharlestonFishing.ComOriginally posted by Admin

Well that's some encouraging news Chris. Thank you for sharing with Us All. Ever in the Walterboro area our IGA has fantastic Fried Pork chops. Better yet are the Fried pork chops at Collen Moore's store in Yemassee, just don't get one after 1:00, they get dried out. El Cheapo at Caution light by crossroads of 21 and Salkehatchie road. Their fried fish aint bad either.
23sailfish-Administrator
06/11/21 12:35

Hello members,

Webmaster,
CharlestonFishing.Com

Webmaster,

Thank you for a response. Even if it took you three weeks, I appreciate you at least saying something. I understand where you're coming from, but you need to understand that you've now probably lost 90% of your audience. I'm sure your traffic is down tremendously. I'm not sure how long the remaining ones will stick around. Personally I'm shocked people are still advertising here.

When do you think the new website will be published? One week, one month, one year?

You sir, have an open invitation to come fish with me anytime that meets your schedule. I'd like to share some thoughts with you and pick your brain a little. Seriously, anytime.

DFreedom
06/11/21 14:09

Yaay, a response from admin. Good to know there is an actual human involved and that there may be some attempt to revive this site. I have met many great folks here, made friends, learned a lot and seen the best and worst side of people here. I hope the site can eventually be restored to its former glory before it is too late. Thanks for the information.

Edisto Fisher--Staff
06/11/21 15:23

Thank you for a response. Even if it took you three weeks, I appreciate you at least saying something. I understand where you're coming from, but you need to understand that you've now probably lost 90% of your audience. I'm sure your traffic is down tremendously. I'm not sure how long the remaining ones will stick around. Personally I'm shocked people are still advertising here.
Originally posted by 23Sailfish-On Probation

I am not so sure I concur with your assessment 100%. Lets just take your thread about Reds Chewing......

https://www.charlestonfishing.com/Forums/Topic/Posts/185398?pagenum=1&archived=0

.....as an example. You posted, went to the top of the slick Homepage, got only two responses in the forum section,,,,,,,, but if you look you have almost 1000 hits on that post. Those clicks aren't coming from forum posters, this is painfully obvious.

I guess what I am saying is that forum participant numbers are certainly down, most likely a lot more than the 90% you suggest too, but I am not so sure 90% of the clicking audience has been lost as evidenced by the 1000 or so hits on your Reds Chewing thread that are generated from the slick homepage, and not from forum participation. You have to hand it to Chris, it's brilliant really. I wish I'd thought of it, it's applicable across a ton of dead forums truth be told.

And one more thing, from what I can tell the advertisers don't see the forums much at all , they are only shown and are interested in the clicks that the slick homepage produces. I am sure if they knew what a douschbag RBF and crew were they would pull the plug toot sweet. They, but RBF in particular, are bad for business. They don't fish or hunt except for the fishing and hunting they do here in the forums section to stroke their self aggrandized egos.

If the current forum participants really want to make a difference they should continue to Shun the ringleader RBF and the others, you know who they are, we all do. Just don't engage them, simply treat them like the leaches they are just like their friends in real life have done. I know, I know, much like a pestering dog dick knat they will get a well deserved swatting occasionally, but simply move away from the fleabag and carry on.

As You Were

23sailfish-Administrator
06/11/21 15:41

Bazinga?

Edisto Fisher--Staff
06/11/21 15:49

I think the cool kids spell it Buzzinga
Richard Beer Froth
06/11/21 16:00

Talk about an ego...

EF, you came back and proclaimed yourself: EF – Head Administrator
Then you became: The Poser Formally Known as EF
Then: EF – On Double Secret Probation
Now: Just EF

I typically keep my comments in the political forum where they belong... And yes, I do fish as much as possible and hunt occasionally on my 2 pine plantations in Horry county...

Reality is you have the temperament of a young teenage girl, and I am sure Admin sees you for just that...

You have claimed so far:
* The site's new function is the problem
* RBF and a few others are the problem
* A sponsor here Gotcha Covered/Lee Strickland was the problem and that was the start of the downfall of the site
* That Admin is pimping people out here for “clicks” and members should be compensated for their reports and contributions and that is a problem
* That Admin is selling members' information and that is a problem

You sure do seem to find a lot of fault in everything on this site...

I have a novel idea EF, since you enjoy bad mouthing the site, and denigrating it so often... Why don't you just offer to buy it, make it your own site, and then you can banded who you don't like... Come on EF, pony up and make Admin a huge money offer and see if they will take it...

Also, name one time I have ever cursed at any member... You have done so several times via acronyms, and words the site has blocked out most of the letters...

RBF
PeaPod
06/11/21 17:52

RBF you got no idea who he is, do you
Richard Beer Froth
06/11/21 20:52

RBF you got no idea who he is, do youOriginally posted by PeaPod

I know as much about him, as he does about me...

RBF
DoubleN
06/11/21 22:23

RBF you got no idea who he is, do youOriginally posted by PeaPod

I know as much about him, as he does about me...

RBF
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

Got a good laugh out of that reply! Wrong again, Dick!

NN
DFreedom
06/11/21 22:24

"If the current forum participants really want to make a difference they should continue to Shun the ringleader RBF and the others, you know who they are, we all do. Just don't engage them, simply treat them like the leaches they are just like their friends in real life have done. I know, I know, much like a pestering dog dick knat they will get a well deserved swatting occasionally, but simply move away from the fleabag and carry on."

Amen Brother. Don't feed the trolls and they'll starve.

Richard Beer Froth
06/11/21 22:37

Wrong again, Dick!Originally posted by DoubleN

How was it wrong? Neither one of us knows each other in person, only by what is written here...

RBF
Richard Beer Froth
06/11/21 22:41

Amen Brother. Don't feed the trolls and they'll starve.Originally posted by DFreedom

I enjoy having most folks not respond as it is typically vitriolic when they do...

RBF
Fred67
06/12/21 2:40

Dog dik knat bigsmile. Haven’t heard that in a bit. Describes a few on here.

Maybe this thing will get turned around. Life is good. Death will hopefully be better. Not rushing it.
Bob 241
06/12/21 11:37

You sure said that right Fred.

BOB
mdaddy
06/13/21 14:20

I gots something to say about it.

All the CENSORSHIP going on with FB TWITTER GOOGLE YAHOO

NO COMMENTARY ALLOWED UNLESS IT CONFORMS TO THEIR AGENDA

Essentially free speech is silenced.

CF allows the free exchange of ideas...It never censored talk of HCQ/COVID/ELECTION ANOMALIES...

The site even allows fools to argue endlessly...if you are inclined to waste you're time reading it...

YOU CAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF CF wants to make a buck off a picture of Harrolds fush or my pig handing me tools...good on them.
I give up my claim by putting said picture on
THEIR WEBSITE...OUR WEBSITE...that "they" pay for...and "we" don't.

If you want to go to tin cans and a string to communicate...keep it up.

Thank GOD there is a site on the internet that ALLOWS UNFETTERED SPEECH

A rare thing these days.

Thanks CF for a FREE site to communicate with like minded FREE peeps. I read for years while Skinny argued with a fence post...Cracker Larry offered sage advice....BONZO was BONZO...

THANKS CHRIS.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman
PeaPod
06/13/21 16:02

congrats on successfully using different font sizes ole man. never thought i'd see that
Richard Beer Froth
06/13/21 16:04

mdaddy, I agree with most of your assessment. However, what is happening with businesses/corporations isn't "censorship." It is simply their right to decide with whom the wish to allow to use THEIR platform... This isn't the government attempting to stifle 1st amendment rights...

With regards to CFC and them posting/featuring people with pictures and their content/experiences.. I fully support the CFC team/owners with THEIR efforts... No one is forcing anyone to post anything here... Share if you wish...

Also, the notion of members being "compensated" with some "sweet feed" is ridiculous... Reality is there are several members who aren't sponsors that "pimp" their products, personal youtube channels, etc. here for FREE... Harold has his product link in his signature line as well as Optiker with his Eye Strike business... I don't see them or many others listed as official sponsors paying for the advertisement and clicks they get for free... Seems rather "liberal" to me the new and old CFC owners allowing it without being compensated in return...

Anyhoo... Spot on assessment IMO, and thanks for putting much of this nonsense into a mature and rational perspective...

Your Pal,
RBF
DFreedom
06/13/21 19:01

Exactly why I do not and never will use Fakebook, Twitter, etc.. More people need to stop using that crap and leave it to the liberals and leftists.

Mixed Nutz
06/14/21 0:47

" what is happening with businesses/corporations isn't "censorship."

Surely, you don't believe your own Bull ****?

Zuckerburg/Dempsey shut down all posts contrary to anything LEFT!!!

Shut Trump down, and all of his followers....

Come on......angry

RBF

Robinette's Bend Forward
Mixed Nutz
06/14/21 0:48

Spin it, RBF...

RBF

Robinette's Bend Forward
Mixed Nutz
06/14/21 0:50

You'll lose......

RBF

Robinette's Bend Forward

RBF

Robinette's Bend Forward
Richard Beer Froth
06/14/21 1:37

Spin it, RBF...Originally posted by Mixed Nutz

There is a reason I put the word "censorship" into quotes...wink

Reality is major social media platforms banding people wouldn't be "censorship" due to the user accepting the TOS when joining...

Here is twitter's TOS:

https://twitter.com/en/tos

"We may suspend or terminate your account or cease providing you with all or part of the Services at any time for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, if we reasonably believe: (i) you have violated these Terms or the Twitter Rules and Policies or Periscope Community Guidelines, (ii) you create risk or possible legal exposure for us; (iii) your account should be removed due to unlawful conduct, (iv) your account should be removed due to prolonged inactivity; or (v) our provision of the Services to you is no longer commercially viable."

It is funny how Drumpf wanted his administration/government to censor/terminate TikTok because people were making fun of him....

At the end of the day, Drumpf can still spin his lies on other media platforms... You know like the personal blog he started that went "bankrupt"... wink

RBF
Radicals Blame Foxitis

Edisto Fisher--Staff
06/14/21 1:43

Spin it, RBF...
Originally posted by Mixed Nutz

Why engage him? Best to just shun him with his lies and spin. He thinks that if you regurgitate something and spin it into lies that somehow that makes him credible with his dribble. Just don't acknowledge him, eventually he will go away.

Here is a prime example of what I am talking about ,,,,,,

RBF says,,,,,"the notion of members being "compensated" with some "sweet feed" is ridiculous... Reality is there are several members who aren't sponsors that "pimp" their products, personal youtube channels, etc. here for FREE... Harold has his product link in his signature line as well as Optiker with his Eye Strike business... I don't see them or many others listed as official sponsors paying for the advertisement and clicks they get for free... Seems rather "liberal" to me the new and old CFC owners allowing it without being compensated in return...

He knows full well that I said that the "sweet feed" in my example was some simple moderation. It doesn't serve his self aggrandized ego if his constant negativity and ignorance are put in a box. It is indicative of his personality, and I feel certain because of that he is loathed by those who know him personally.

For what it's worth Optiker and Harold put up more quality information in a single one of their posts than he ever has,,,,,,no kidding, go check for yourself. Dont fall for his lies and spin.

Simply ignore him. Continue the Shunning of RBF, don't feed the trolls and they will starve* is the best line I've heard lately.

It's the only way. Watch, he's gonna come in here lying and spinning and deflecting, but much like the pestering dog dick gnat he is, just simply move away from the fleabag and carry on.

It's working, his nonsense has been roughly cut in half in the past few weeks. We're halfway there maybe.

As You Were
Richard Beer Froth
06/14/21 2:10

He knows full well that I said that the "sweet feed" in my example was some simple moderation.Originally posted by Edisto Fisher

EF here is your direct quote I was referring to:

I look at it like this Harold, if you saw someone using your exact sauce recipe, your exact logo, your exact packaging, and basically your entire corporate identity without giving your credit or some sort of compensation would you be pissed? All I am asking for is a tiny bit of sweet feed in the forum section at the end of the day for the content we provide pro bono.
Originally posted by Edisto Fisher

Based off this quote it was clear you were advocating members being compensated. Yes, you did say all you were looking for was "moderation" and a few other things, but you indicated clearly that members should be "compensated" for there input/contributions... Not sure the "jump" you are attempting to make for compensation to be simple moderation is believable at this point...

Funny how you proclaim to everyone to just ignore me, yet you don't do the same.... In the end, you just want me and certain others banded because we don't live up to YOUR standards... I don't go running off to admin complaining about anyone as most are grow mature adults here, and I am a "live and let live" type of person... Guess you aren't...

However, I do find it interesting the new Admin called you out specifically to be more respectful to others...

In the meantime, tight lines, and please try to be a little more respectful to each other (looking at you Edisto Fisher wink).Originally posted by Admin

Your Pal,
RBF

mdaddy
06/14/21 2:31

RIPSAW LOCATOR

That was for Fred and Boat Poor(where ever he is). Lawyer speak.

"res ipsa loquitur"

I gots to put in a truck window tomorrow. The pig went to bed early to be sharp for tomorrow. I'll take the time to go to "paint" to resize pics to post on "Chris's Website"...worth the effort....because ...peeps like saifush23...Skinny...Black Bart...Wolfie...and so many mor...took the time to share their life...in a good way.

Too many negative waves in the world today. I gots to believe in the good things in life. Peeps like DF whose boy was collecting food for folks that needed a little help...good things.

Barbawang teaching me about some animal that uses iron from the deserts of North Africa to bloom in the Gulf Stream I fush in... the good things.

And Harrold...I am retired...and I still want to come back as you. The pig...he doesn't identify as pork. He be going to Arkansas and gonna study making pork plant based....GO PIGS.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman
Fred67
06/14/21 10:10

RIPSAW LOCATOR

That was for Fred and Boat Poor(where ever he is). Lawyer speak.

"res ipsa loquitur"

The ENTER-NET FishermanOriginally posted by mdaddy

Yes, Many things do speak for their self. Learned a lot over the last week or two about a few things.
StumpNocker
06/15/21 17:09

Hello members,

Webmaster,
CharlestonFishing.Com

Webmaster,

Chris, a few more questions...

Another new forum? As is an entire new forum host like Tapatalk?

What was your screenname for those 10 years?

Are you, your brother and friend from South Carolina?

Thanks and I look forward to your replies. It would be appreciated by all if it did not take weeks for replies from the administration.

Fishing Nerd

PeaPod
06/15/21 23:44

Yo EF. looky what I found.

Fred67
06/16/21 1:00

Is that sign that tall, or you that short? Or was the pic taken after many drinks looking up?
robaloboy
06/16/21 4:09

honestly why not just use facebook now a days.
Fred67
06/16/21 9:50

honestly why not just use facebook now a days. Originally posted by robaloboy

Honestly, why use facebook? Call a friend a Cracker and go to facebook jail. We were both born in Georgia, so we are crackers.
DFreedom
06/16/21 12:00

Why would anyone want to support Fakebook unless they are a diehard liberal and love censoring people? Never used it, never will.

As for that Mexican Cake beer, had it, interesting. My oldest son really likes it.

StumpNocker
06/18/21 14:23

I guess we got a 1 reply sweet feed handout and then, poof...bigsmile

Imagine that.

dead

Fishing Nerd

Richard Beer Froth
06/18/21 14:34

Anyone that's been here for a while knows good and well the fall of this site started with Bonzo and that sticker trading vine mailing ponzi scam thing he got started... There were lots of folks that got took, turned bitter, and never returned...

This is the real reason for it, so let's quit with blaming others in some sort of deflection and cover-up scheme of the true facts...

RBF
DFreedom
06/18/21 15:00

Oh well, tried to start a new post this morning and got the red circle with a line through it when I hit "post".

COME ON, GET IT FIXED! (**()!!!!

© CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC