Little River jetties

Made it out Saturday evening. Mullet everywhere… deploy the trolling motor put out a couple lines. Smelled wires burning. Bad connection at the battery terminal fried the positive wire .

Nothing nice about trying to fit through that door. Sides all scraped up.
Sunday morning. Got a late start on the water 08. Bait everywhere massive schools. Had speckled trout and weakfish in 30 ft of water taking 4 in mullet. First time for everything.

They were all under 14 in. A lot of short hits Ruben fish & blue fish. 1:00 still no red fish. Made a run down towards Ocean Isle and found some poagies. Everyone I seen was fishing with mullet. And not catching anything. figured I’d try something different.
Back to the jetties four lines back out. Hooked up on a small bonnet head. First time ever caught one out of Little River.
Kind of breezy the water was nice and flat. Probably 20 boats out around the jetties. Seen one red cought maybe 30".
Didn’t catch any reds but it beat the heck out of working or sitting on the couch. Made the wife happy. we’ve not been in the water and probably 30 days…

It’s still better than no fish. Maybe the big boys will come in soon. I’ve yet to have any luck with the big reds.

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]