Speckled Trout Caught the Easy Way - For Beginners and Advances Anglers

Hello Everyone,

Went out on the ICW a few days ago and caught a bunch of trout using a DOA shrimp under a popping cork. I was fishing the falling tide for the last 3 hours before low. The bite was pretty consistent with plenty action at every spot I fished. Water temp was 66 in the early morning and warmed up to 70 by about noon. Clear water to about 3-4 feet deep.

I documented the trip on my most recent video. Please feel free to share it with anyone you think might want to locate fish and get hooked up pretty easily. I know most of you on here already know how to do this but thought it might help some that are new to fishing our waters in the Charleston area.

https://youtu.be/qTy__QbFzhA

Tight Lines, Kevin
Replies

Is it October already? lol

For real though, nice going locating a stack like thatthumbsUp

Fishing Nerd

"No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool... nothing else."

...well, some fishing too!
Nice report. Sounds like the trouts are making a come back from a few seasons ago.

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education"

220 SeaFox Viper
I think I just timed it right and got on them before that clamworm hatch came through. Fishing that week was extremely tough!
Nice report. Sounds like the trouts are making a come back from a few seasons ago.

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education"

220 SeaFox ViperOriginally posted by fatrat357

Fatrat, yes. It is awesome to see so many trout in the water. I think the milder winters for the past couple of years has been great for them.