ADMIN, look here please

For the last year or whatever, this site has gotten more and more cumbersome and difficult to use. Its the single biggest reason you've lost so much traffic. People are tired of trying to post here and use this fishing site as a resource. It took me ten minutes to figure out how to post a picture this morning, and I've been a member of this website FOR FIFTEEN YEARS! The tools you have here do not work efficiently, and haven't for quite some time. If you want to be a legitimate fishing resource for Charleston, you need to make this LESS COMPLEX and EASIER TO USE. 90% of the original posters here, which drive your traffic and therefore your ad revenue, are gone because of how painful it is to use this site. Please revamp this thing and make it right. This is 2021; let's go.

--The pages are super slow to load even when there are no images on it-FIX IT.
--Uploading pictures to posts is hit or miss. More than 50% of the time, I get the stupid ERROR code with NO EXPLANATION as to what's wrong-FIX IT.
--Randomly it won't let you post anything. This happens on a new topic and less frequently on an already started topic-FIX IT.
--Computers these days are much faster. There's no reason to only load like 10 topics at a time. Load them all based on the time period the user selects (Last day)-FIX IT.
--Avatars don't work 90% of the time. Look around. This is day one stuff and SHOULD NOT BE COMPLICATED-FIX IT.
--The Home page has potential; its not terrible, but its in the wrong order. People come to CF.com for information. It should be: Weather, Tide, Sponsors, Fishing Content. In that Order-FIX IT.
--And the background should be the same format as the forums-FIX IT.

I've sent you two emails over the last month on this with ZERO response-FIX IT.

All of this is said with frustration, and love. I've loved this site over the years and met some great people here. But this must be said. You are killing what this site has become over the years.

"Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality." --Peepod 07-25-2017
Last edited by 23sailfish-Administrator
Replies

Dog dik knat bigsmile. Haven’t heard that in a bit. Describes a few on here.

Maybe this thing will get turned around. Life is good. Death will hopefully be better. Not rushing it.
You sure said that right Fred.

BOB
I gots something to say about it.

All the CENSORSHIP going on with FB TWITTER GOOGLE YAHOO

NO COMMENTARY ALLOWED UNLESS IT CONFORMS TO THEIR AGENDA

Essentially free speech is silenced.

CF allows the free exchange of ideas...It never censored talk of HCQ/COVID/ELECTION ANOMALIES...

The site even allows fools to argue endlessly...if you are inclined to waste you're time reading it...

YOU CAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF CF wants to make a buck off a picture of Harrolds fush or my pig handing me tools...good on them.
I give up my claim by putting said picture on
THEIR WEBSITE...OUR WEBSITE...that "they" pay for...and "we" don't.

If you want to go to tin cans and a string to communicate...keep it up.

Thank GOD there is a site on the internet that ALLOWS UNFETTERED SPEECH

A rare thing these days.

Thanks CF for a FREE site to communicate with like minded FREE peeps. I read for years while Skinny argued with a fence post...Cracker Larry offered sage advice....BONZO was BONZO...

THANKS CHRIS.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman
congrats on successfully using different font sizes ole man. never thought i'd see that
mdaddy, I agree with most of your assessment. However, what is happening with businesses/corporations isn't "censorship." It is simply their right to decide with whom the wish to allow to use THEIR platform... This isn't the government attempting to stifle 1st amendment rights...

With regards to CFC and them posting/featuring people with pictures and their content/experiences.. I fully support the CFC team/owners with THEIR efforts... No one is forcing anyone to post anything here... Share if you wish...

Also, the notion of members being "compensated" with some "sweet feed" is ridiculous... Reality is there are several members who aren't sponsors that "pimp" their products, personal youtube channels, etc. here for FREE... Harold has his product link in his signature line as well as Optiker with his Eye Strike business... I don't see them or many others listed as official sponsors paying for the advertisement and clicks they get for free... Seems rather "liberal" to me the new and old CFC owners allowing it without being compensated in return...

Anyhoo... Spot on assessment IMO, and thanks for putting much of this nonsense into a mature and rational perspective...

Your Pal,
RBF
Last edited by Richard Beer Froth
Exactly why I do not and never will use Fakebook, Twitter, etc.. More people need to stop using that crap and leave it to the liberals and leftists.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?
" what is happening with businesses/corporations isn't "censorship."

Surely, you don't believe your own Bull ****?

Zuckerburg/Dempsey shut down all posts contrary to anything LEFT!!!

Shut Trump down, and all of his followers....

Come on......angry

RBF

Robinette's Bend Forward
Spin it, RBF...

RBF

Robinette's Bend Forward
You'll lose......

RBF

Robinette's Bend Forward

RBF

Robinette's Bend Forward
Last edited by Mixed Nutz
Spin it, RBF...Originally posted by Mixed Nutz

There is a reason I put the word "censorship" into quotes...wink

Reality is major social media platforms banding people wouldn't be "censorship" due to the user accepting the TOS when joining...

Here is twitter's TOS:

https://twitter.com/en/tos

"We may suspend or terminate your account or cease providing you with all or part of the Services at any time for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, if we reasonably believe: (i) you have violated these Terms or the Twitter Rules and Policies or Periscope Community Guidelines, (ii) you create risk or possible legal exposure for us; (iii) your account should be removed due to unlawful conduct, (iv) your account should be removed due to prolonged inactivity; or (v) our provision of the Services to you is no longer commercially viable."

It is funny how Drumpf wanted his administration/government to censor/terminate TikTok because people were making fun of him....

At the end of the day, Drumpf can still spin his lies on other media platforms... You know like the personal blog he started that went "bankrupt"... wink

RBF
Radicals Blame Foxitis

*** My valuable insight, wisdom, and truth is the inspiration for many signature lines, tantrums, and meltdowns...